Marlborough Pudding Recipe
A classic, old dessert.
Cooking Temperature 230 C / 450 F / Gas Mark 8
- Turn oven on to start heating to 230 C / 450 F / Gas Mark 8.
- Make (or thaw) pie crust; line pan; set aside.
- Zap the butter in a microwave to melt; set aside to cool.
- When the oven has heated to 230 C / 450 F, crack the eggs into a large bowl; beat a bit. Add all remaining ingredients including the butter (but not the pie crust obviously), mix, and pour into the lined pie tin.
- Put into hot oven. After 15 minutes, reduce the heat to 135 C / 275 F, and bake for a further hour. It's done when a knife comes out clean.
You can use a 8 or 9 inch (20 or 23 cm) pie pan.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!