Cooking at: 450 F / 230 C / Gas Mark 8
Marlborough Pudding Recipe
A classic, old dessert.
- Turn oven on to start heating.
- Make (or thaw) pie crust; line pan; set aside.
- Zap the butter in a microwave to melt; set aside to cool.
- When the oven has heated to 450 F / 230 C, crack the eggs into a large bowl; beat a bit. Add all remaining ingredients including the butter (but not the pie crust obviously), mix, and pour into lined pie tin.
- Put into hot oven. After 15 minutes, reduce the heat to 275 F / 135 C, and bake for a further hour. It's done when a knife comes out clean.
You can use a 8 or 9 inch (20 or 23 cm) pie pan.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!