Marmalade Pie Recipe
The "thicker cut" your marmalade is, the better for this recipe.
Cooking Temperature 190 C / 375 F / Gas Mark 5
- 1 Pie Shell
- ½ cup Marmalade
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup Almonds ground
- 1 Egg
- Start oven heating to 190 C / 375 F / Gas Mark 5.
- Line an 8 inch (20 cm) pie tin with the crust, poke a few fork holes in the bottom, and bake it for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the egg, almonds, cream and marmalade.
- Pour into the pie shell after its 20 minutes of initial cooking is up, and then bake for a further 20 minutes, until risen and golden.
- Melt a little more marmalade (microwave is quick and ideal), and then use this melted marmalade to glaze the pie with a brush.
- Nice served warm.
A flan tin with a removable bottom is ideal, but a regular pie pan will do fine.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!