Pizza Bianca with Onion and Gorgonzola Cheese
The cheat in this recipe is using a ready-made pizza base. But the flavours are all homemade.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan that has a cover. Put the onions and 2 of the anchovies (if you are using them) in, stir, then cook over a very low heat until soft, about 25 minutes. But don't let them brown!
- Sometime at the end of this, start heating your oven to 240 C / 475 F / Gas Mark 9.
- When the onions are close to being done, uncover and raise the heat so that any liquid evaporates, but still don't let the onions brown!
- Remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the onions onto paper towel or a paper bag to drain them.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the pizza base, then the onions, then anchovies if using and olives.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
Use 1 buffalo mozzarella round, sliced, or just over a cup or so of grated American mozzarella.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!