Cooking at: 375 F / 190 C / Gas Mark 5
Salmon and Leek Quiche Recipe
An inexpensive but great tasting salmon quiche.
- Make the pie crust, line a 9 inch (23 cm) pie tin. Place in fridge until needed.
- Top and tail the leeks, cut them in half, wash thoroughly, then chop up. Fry the leeks in the butter until soft but don't let them brown.
- Meanwhile, open the salmon tins, empty into a bowl, break up into chunks with a fork, discard any bones.
- Mix together the milk, eggs, and season with a bit of salt and a pinch or two of nutmeg. Arrange cooked leeks in the pie shell, sprinkle the grated cheese over them, then pour the milk and egg mixture over everything.
- Cook in oven for about 40 minutes. Let stand a few minutes before serving.
For the cheese, a Swiss or gruyère cheese is nice, but cheddar will do just fine, thank you. About 4 oz / 125g whole will give you what you need, once you grate it.