Sausage Baguettes Recipe
Makes a good lunch with a leafy salad.
- Peel, halve and thinly slice the onions. Cook them in a frying pan with the oil and the brown sugar until softened and golden, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill, fry or broil the sausages, and split your baguettes lengthwise down the middle (leaving them still attached on one side so the sandwich will stay together.) Butter the baguettes.
- When the onions are ready, stir in the balsamic vinegar and cook for one or two minutes, then season with salt and pepper.
- Chop up the cooked sausage into pieces an inch or two (2 to 5 cm) long.
- Stuff the baguettes with the sausage and the onion.
- Cut the baguettes crossways to make "manageable" pieces & serve.
Will make enough for 3 to 4 sandwiches, depending on how long you cut the baguettes. You can use very long baguettes and cut them into thirds or quarters, or you could use shorter baguettes, etc. Optional: as well as buttering the baguettes, you can spread a little Dijon mustard on them.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!