Spinach and Pomegranate Soup Recipe
This soup will look beautiful with the contrast between the green of the spinach and the red of the pomegranate seeds sprinkled on top.
- Remove the seeds from the pomegranate.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and fry the onion with the ginger until the onion is soft, but don't let it brown.
- Keeping back 1 tablespoon of the pomegranate seeds, add the rest of the seeds to the pan, along with the spinach and the cumin. Add warm water or warmed vegetable stock (1 1/2 cups / 3/4 pint / 350 ml.) Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook covered for about 5 minutes.
- Then remove from heat to let it cool slightly. Puree in a food processor or blender (if using blender, cover the top first with a cloth for safety.) Return the soup to the pan. Add the yoghurt, and heat the soup back up but don't let it boil. Adjust taste with salt and pepper.
- When you serve into bowls, garnish each bowl with a small swirl of yoghurt and a few of the reserved pomegranate seeds.
Instead of vegetable stock, you can use water.