Stilton & Apricot Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Chicken breasts are the default piece of chicken to serve these days. But let's face it: they are often dry, boring and cheerless, served only because they are perceived as "healthy." This recipe unapologetically produces a foodie's chicken breast, that's worth eating on taste merits alone.
- Start oven heating to 200 C / 400 F / Gas Mark 6.
- Cut a deep pocket in each of the chicken breasts, and stuff with the Stilton and dried apricots. Use the bacon to wrap each chicken breast up and to hold them together. Place in a casserole dish, season with salt and pepper, and pour the wine over them.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes.
- While this is happening, whiz the cottage cheese in a blender just until it is smooth.
- Drain the liquid in the casserole dish into a saucepan and simmer for a couple of minutes over a gentle heat. Thicken with the cottage cheese to the desired consistency, and heat for a minute or two.
- Serve the chicken breasts with the sauce spooned over them.
Instead of the cottage cheese, you may use 100g (½ cup or 4 oz) crème fraîche, Greek yoghurt, or any heavy cream. You won't need to whiz the yoghurt or the cream, obviously. If you are using wide bacon strips (or "rashers"), then you just need 4 strips of bacon.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!