Veggie Burgers Recipe
These freeze well for future use. The recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
- Boil some water, and pour it over the bulgur wheat and let the wheat soak for 20 minutes. Then drain well.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil and fry the onion, garlic, sage and cumin for 10 minutes over medium heat. Add the bulgur wheat and stir for a minute. Set aside to cool a bit.
- Then, put the mixture into a food processor with the remaining ingredients and blend until well-blended.
- Shape into 4 burger shapes, and chill for at least half an hour before using.
- Cook on an oiled barbeque rack for 4 to 5 minutes each side. Make sure the bbq rack is hot before starting.