Cooking at: 400 F / 200 C / Gas Mark 6
Cheese and Sage Baked Squash Recipe
- Put the oven on to heat.
- Quarter and seed the squash. Leave the rind on.
- Space the squash quarters out in a casserole dish (no need to grease), and cook for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan melt the butter with garlic. Cook for a minute, stir in the sage, garlic, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of white wine, and cook for another minute. (Don't let it brown.) Set aside.
- In a small dish, thin the sour cream with the final tablespoon of white wine, and a few grates of nutmeg. Set aside.
- After 30 minutes, remove the squash briefly from the oven, and brush the above sauce over the tops and sides of the squash pieces and then return the squash to the oven to cook for another 15 minutes, or until the squash is tender to a fork.
- When the squash is tender, remove the squash briefly from the oven, and brush the cream sauce over the tops and sides of the squash. Sprinkle a tablespoon of grated cheese on each squash quarter, along with half a tablespoon of parmesan. Put under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Serve piping hot.
The total Weight Watchers PointsPlus® in this recipe including the squash is 17, making for 4 points a serving. If you want to zero out the squash, as you can in the PointsPlus® system, the total points in the recipe are actually just 7, making for 2 points a serving.
We used a 1 kg (2.25 pound) acorn squash, a low-fat cheddar-type cheese which was 1 point for 4 tablespoons (Allégro™ 4% White), and a low-fat 5% sour cream that was 1 point for 2 tablespoons.
|2 points per serving if you 0 out the squash|
* Weight Watchers Points™ calculated by CooksInfo.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the Points® registered trademarks.