Chestnut Patties with Cranberry Sauce Recipe
You can make these patties a day ahead and refrigerate, or even make ahead and freeze. Nice served with a salad made with watercress or rocket / arugula.
- Heat 2 tsp of the oil in a frying pan, and fry the chopped onion and garlic until soft and lightly golden, about 6 minutes.
- Spread the nuts on a cookie sheet, and broil / grill them for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Put in a food processor the onions and garlic, along with the nuts, chestnuts and the egg and whiz until combined (but not more than that, you want it still a bit coarse.) If you don't have a food processor, you could try mashing the chestnuts and nuts first then mixing the rest in.
- Stir in the mustard, season with salt and pepper and any herbs that strike your fancy.
- Form into 8 patties, brush them with the remaining two teaspoons of oil. Broil (aka grill in the UK) them for a few minutes on each side as far away from the heat source as you can get.
- Meanwhile, mix and heat the cranberry sauce and orange juice in a saucepan or in the microwave.
- Serve the patties with the sauce on the side.
The two cans of chestnuts should equal about 450g or 1 pound or 16 oz.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!