PET No-Bake Festive Fruitcake Recipe
This is perhaps the classic, most famous, no-bake Christmas fruitcake recipe, dating back to at least 1954.
- Line a pan with waxed paper. (You can use a plain pan such as a loaf pan, or a fancier pan such as a ring mould, etc. The pan should be 5 to 6 cups / 1.5 L in volume.)
- Mix in a large saucepan the milk, the marshmallows, and the orange juice concentrate (don't add water.) Put over medium-heat, and stir until the marshmallows have melted, then remove from the heat.
- While still hot, stir in the spices, then stir in the dates, raisins, walnuts, candied fruit and candied cherries. Then stir in the graham cracker crumbs.
- Press into the lined pan, and cover tightly with plastic wrap or other such covering.
- Put in fridge for two days.
- When doubling the recipe, use an angel food cake pan that is 9 x 3 inches (12 cups) / 23 x 8 cm (3 L.)
- See the baking pans entry for more information on swapping in other sizes.
Make 2 days in advance. The See Also below contains a link to this recipe's history.