Cooking at: 350 F / 180 C / Gas Mark 4
- 1 pound Mushrooms chopped
- 1 Onion medium, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Stock
- 1 teaspoon Marjoram dried
- 1 teaspoon Oregano dried
- 1 teaspoon Rosemary ground, dried
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 4 cups Spinach fresh (120 g / 4 oz)
- 2 cups Pumpkin
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- 1 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute fat-free
- 4 sheets Phyllo Pastry
- Look for an ovensafe pie dish that is 25 cm (10 inches) wide at the top, 4 cm (1.5 inches) deep (or capacity of 1.5L / 6 cups.)
- Wash the mushrooms, chop them coarsely, put into a frying pan along with the peeled, chopped onion, minced garlic, 1/2 cup (125 ml / 4 oz) of stock and all the herbs, salt and pepper. Bring to a quick boil, then lower to a slow simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes or until onion is cooked. When the onion is cooked, add the 4 cups (120 g / 4 oz) of roughly-chopped spinach, and let them cook for about 2 minutes -- just enough time to wilt the spinach.
- Remove from heat, stir in the pumpkin, the cheeses and the egg mixture. Set aside.
- Spray the pie dish lightly with cooking spray. Put the first sheet of phyllo pastry in, folding the edges in. Spray it lightly, then repeat till all 4 of the sheets of phyllo are in. Pour in the filling, and smooth it out evenly.
- Bake at 175 C (350 F) for one hour; longer if needed for a knife to come out clean.
- Serve piping hot.
3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus® per slice (1/8th the quiche.)
This recipe makes a quiche that is 1.2 kg (2.6 pounds.) There are a total of 25 PointsPlus® in the whole quiche.
We used a salt substitute.
We used a low-fat cheddar that was 1 point per 30 g (1 oz.)
* Weight Watchers Points™ calculated by CooksInfo.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the Points® registered trademarks.