Skinny Tuna Pasta Salad
- 1 pound Cavatappi 500 g
- 6 stalks Celery finely, chopped (2 1/2 cups / 225 g)
- 2 cups Radish sliced, thin (225 g)
- 2 bunches Green Onion chopped, thin (2 cups / 125 g)
- 2 Bell Pepper large, chopped finely (2 cups / 300 g)
- 1 Carrot medium, shredded, finely (1 cup / 75 g)
- 1 can Water Chestnuts chopped, drained ( 7.5 oz / 225ml can)
- 1/4 cup Parsley packed (1 oz / 25 g)
- 2 cans Tuna drained (6 oz / 175g tins, in water)
- 4 Dill Pickles large, chopped, finely (1/2 cup / 100g)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cup Miracle Whip fat-free
- 1 cup Miracle Whip fat-free
- Cook the pasta just until al dente in a generous amount of boiling water. This will take about 8 minutes; start checking at 7 minutes. Drain, rinse with hot water from the tap so it won't all stick together, then set aside to cool. It's critical for the toothsomeness of the salad that you don't go past al dente with the pasta, or the salad turns out mooshy and waterlogged. If you overcook the pasta, then you're beat right from the start.
- Chop all the veggies and put into a quite large bowl.
- Add the drained tuna. Add the ground black pepper, salt and paprika. Stir with your hands to mix everything.
- Using a spoon, or your hands still, fold in the first amount of fat-free Miracle Whip (reserve the second amount till later.)
- Now add the cooled pasta in, stir carefully with a spoon or your hands to coat the pasta.
- Cover, put in fridge, and let chill a minimum of 4 hours to allow the flavours to marry. Can be made the day ahead (it's even better then.) Just before serving, stir in the final cup of Miracle Whip.
4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus® per 1 cup / 175 g serving.
This recipe makes 16 servings of 1 cup / 175 g each. There are a total of 71 Weight Watchers PointsPlus® in the recipe. That makes for 4 points per serving. Using the fat-free Miracle Whip (or another fat-free whipped white salad dressing) is critical to achieving this low-point figure. For comparison, other tuna pasta salads start at 16 to 20 points per cup / 175 g.
We used low-sodium pickles and a salt substitute.
* Weight Watchers Points™ calculated by CooksInfo.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the Points® registered trademarks.