Squash and Bean Curry Recipe
A gorgeous and really healthy curry.
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 Onion peeled, diced
- 1/2 Red Pepper seeds removed, sliced thickly
- 1/2 Yellow Pepper seeds removed, sliced thickly
- 1 Squash medium, peeled, seeds removed, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Ginger ground
- 1 Green Chile Pepper seeds removed, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Coriander ground
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- pinch Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoons Almonds ground
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- 4 oz Green Beans chopped
- 1/2 tin Chickpeas
- 1/2 tin Navy Beans
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, and fry the onions and peppers still soft, about 5 minutes. Add squash, garlic, ginger, chili and spices, and cook covered for another five minutes. Stir the almonds in, then add the stock a bit at a time stirring it smooth. Then add all the beans. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer; let simmer until the squash is tender, about 25 minutes.
Instead of ground ginger you can use 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!