Grilled Shrimp Pots Recipe
Serve these as a starter in their dishes on a plate, with some bread and some salad or nibbly veggie bits on the side.
- ⅓ cup Cream
- ½ cup Cream Cheese
- Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Tarragon dried
- 2 tablespoons Cheddar Cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Bread Crumbs
- ¾ pound Shrimp medium, cooked, peeled
- Put the cream and the cheese into a small saucepan over low heat. Stir occasionally as the milk warms and the cheese begins to melt into it. As the cheese melts into it, you can increase the heat a bit, until the sauce appears warm and bubbling somewhat. Stir in the tarragon and a dash or two of lemon juice. Turn off the heat and let the sauce sit.
- Measure the breadcrumbs into a small bowl. Grate the cheese, add it to the breadcrumbs, mix, and set aside.
- Divide the shrimp between 6 small ovenproof dishes. Divide the sauce between the dishes, covering the shrimp. Sprinkle the cheese and breadcrumb mixture over them, place the dishes on a cookie sheet, and place under a medium heat broiler / grill for about 3 minutes, until bubbly and browned on top.
- Serve hot.
Use small ovenproof dishes such as ramekins. ½ cup of cream cheese is 4 oz / 115 g. Instead of the cream and cream cheese, you can just use ¾ cup (6 oz / 200ml) of Crème Fraîche, if it's available where you are. Instead of 1 teaspoon dried tarragon you can use 1 tablespoon of fresh.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!