Squash and Bean Curry
A gorgeous and really healthy curry.
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 Onion peeled, diced
- ½ Red Pepper seeds removed, sliced thickly
- ½ Yellow Pepper seeds removed, sliced thickly
- 1 Squash medium, peeled, seeds removed, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Ginger ground
- 1 Green Chile Pepper seeds removed, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Coriander ground
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 pinch Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoons Almonds ground
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- 4 oz Green Beans chopped
- ½ tin Chickpeas
- ½ tin Navy Beans
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the onions and peppers still soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add squash, garlic, ginger, chili and spices, and cook covered for another 5 minutes.
- Stir the almonds in, then add the stock a bit at a time stirring it smooth.
- Add all the beans.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer.
- Let simmer until the squash is tender, about 25 minutes.
Instead of ground ginger you can use 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!