Cooking at: 375 F / 190 C / Gas Mark 5
StoveTop Stuffing™ Meatloaf and Mushroom Muffins
- 1 cup Green Pepper chopped, finely 1 medium / 150 g
- 1 cup Celery chopped, finely 3 stalks / 125 g
- 1 cup Zucchini grated 80 g
- 1 cup Carrot grated 100 g
- 1 Onion minced 100 g
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 5 oz Spinach frozen 140g
- 1/2 cup Water 125 ml
- 1 pound Ground Beef 95% lean
- 3 Egg Whites
- 2 cans Mushroom sliced, drained (300 ml cans)
- 1 box Stove-Top Stuffing™
- Cooking spray
- Mix together everything from the green pepper to the garlic. Put in a microwave safe container along with the frozen spinach and 125 ml (1/2 cup) water. Cover, and zap in microwave until the veggies are soft -- about 10 to 15 minutes, depending on your microwave. When done, let cool for a few minutes (optional.)
- Meanwhile, mix together the hamburger, egg whites, mushrooms and stove top stuffing mix (flavour of your choice.)
- Start your oven heating.
- Put the veggie mixture in a strainer over a bowl and let the excess moisture drain off. Add the veggie mixture to the beef mixture, along with 125 ml (1/2 cup) of the water you drained off (add the rest to your stock container in the freezer for soup.)
- Spray the muffin tins lightly with cooking spray. Divide the mixture up amongst 24 muffin tins. We used ones with 8 cm (3 inch) cups.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until an instant read meat thermometer shows 80 C (176 F) inside the muffins.
The total Weight Watchers PointsPlus® value for the recipe is 37. When divided into 24 muffins (weighing 75 g / 2.5 oz) , it’s 3 points for 2 muffins, 2 points for 1. If you bake them in a differently sized muffin cup pan, divide the total of 37 points accordingly.
* Weight Watchers Points™ calculated by CooksInfo.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the Points® registered trademarks.