Sweet and Sour Green Bean and Water Chestnut Salad
- 1 stalk Celery minced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper minced
- 2 Green Onions minced
- 1 cup Water Chestnut chopped
- 1/2 cup Coriander fresh
- 1 pound Green Beans
- 2/3 cup Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- Ginger fresh, peeled, minced 5 cm / 2 inches
- 1 teaspoon Chile Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon Tahini
- 5 drops Liquid Smoke
- Into a large bowl put the minced celery, pepper, green onion, and water chestnut chopped into stick-like pieces. Add the chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Blanch the green beans by putting them into a pot with already-boiling water, and leave them in there for about 2 minutes. They will turn bright green and tender-crisp. Drain them and put them into a pan or bowl of very cold water to stop the cooking process immediately. Leave them there for a minute or two, then drain, shake dry, and add to salad bowl.
- Make the dressing by assembling all the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Put this on the stove, bring to a boil, cook for 2 minutes. Then pour this onto the items into the salad bowl. Toss with tongs, then put into a large container that you can seal (or a sealable plastic storage bag.)
- Seal container and put in fridge for at least 3 to 4 hours before serving. Turn container periodically to keep it mixed up.
- Keeps for 5 days if covered and refrigerated. Serve chilled or room temperature.
The entire recipe makes 8 cups having a total of 14 Weight Watchers PointsPlus®; that makes it 1 point per 1/2 cup (100g) serving.
* Weight Watchers Points™ calculated by CooksInfo.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the Points® registered trademarks.