Cooking at: 400 F / 200 C / Gas Mark 6
Skinny Mushroom Pâté
- 1 pound Mushrooms
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Carrot medium
- 2 stalks Celery
- 1 stalk Green Onion large
- 1 handful Parsley fresh
- 1/2 Green Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Sage dried
- 1/2 teaspoon Rosemary ground, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme dried
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 1/2 pound Pressed Cottage Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 2 tablespoons Egg White
- 2 tablespoons Instant Mashed Potato Flakes
- Take a 20 cm by 10 cm (8 x 4) bread loaf pan. Spray it lightly with cooking spray. Line with waxed paper or parchment paper. Spray that lightly as well. Set aside.
- Wash the mushrooms. Whiz through a food processor until finely chopped; turn out into a large bowl.
- Start the oven heating around now.
- Put everything from the garlic down to and including the ground black pepper into the food processor bowl. Whiz until everything is finely minced. Add to the mushroom in the large bowl.
- Now add to the large bowl all the remaining ingredients. Mix well with your hands until all blended. Using your hands still, transfer it to the prepared loaf pan and pat it down evenly.
- Wash your hands, then cut a piece of waxed paper to fit loaf pan. Spray it on one side lightly with cooking spray, and place it sprayed-side down on top the mixture in the loaf pan.
- Place in oven, bake for 1 1/2 hours. Remove from oven. Let cool before turning out to serve. Garnish if desired.
- Cut into 2 cm / 3/4 inch slices to serve; you'll get about 10 slices out of it.
1 Weight Watchers PointsPlus® per slice (each slice is 50g, 1 1/2 oz — 2cm thick by 10 cm long by 2 1/2 cm tall.) Slice size is shown in photograph.
Can be served with some melba toast, which you can usually get at 1 point per 3 slices.
We used a salt substitute.
* Weight Watchers Points™ calculated by CooksInfo.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the Points® registered trademarks.