Roasted Root Vegetable Salad Recipe
This recipe takes over 2 hours -- but only 20 minutes of that time has anything to do with you! This is a great fall or winter dish.
- Have a large roasting pan handy.
- Turn oven on to start heating to 230 C / 450 F / Gas Mark 8.
- Scrub potatoes and sweet potatoes, but don't peel them. Cut into medium-sized chunks and toss into roasting pan.
- Scrub the parsnips, but don't peel them. Quarter them and toss into roasting pan.
- Peel the onions, but don't cut the root end off. Quarter them and toss into roasting roasting.
- Peel the garlic cloves and toss into roasting pan.
- Add the oregano, thyme, rosemary, and 2 tbsp of the oil. Toss everything together then place in oven to roast.
- Making the dressing by combining the remaining 4 tbsp of olive oil, vinegar, capers and mustard. Set it aside.
- Now pour yourself a cuppa and pull out a good book.
- After the vegetables have been in the oven for 1 1/2 hours, quarter the tomatoes and toss them in on top the other vegetables. Let everything roast for a final 1/2 hour.
- When done, divide the roasted veg amongst 4 plates, divide and scatter the salad green over top of each, and drizzle each plate with the dressing. Serve hot or warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!