Cooking at: 450 F / 230 C / Gas Mark 8
Roasted Root Vegetable Salad Recipe
This recipe takes over 2 hours -- but only 20 minutes of that time has anything to do with you! This is a great fall or winter dish.
- Have a large roasting pan handy.
- Turn oven on to start heating.
- Scrub potatoes and sweet potatoes, but don't peel them. Cut into medium-sized chunks and toss into roasting pan.
- Scrub the parsnips, but don't peel them. Quarter them and toss into roasting pan.
- Peel the onions, but don't cut the root end off. Quarter them and toss into roasting roasting.
- Peel the garlic cloves and toss into roasting pan.
- Add the oregano, thyme, rosemary, and 2 tbsp of the oil. Toss everything together then place in oven to roast.
- Making the dressing by combining the remaining 4 tbsp of olive oil, vinegar, capers and mustard. Set it aside.
- Now pour yourself a cuppa and pull out a good book.
- After the vegetables have been in the oven for 1 1/2 hours, quarter the tomatoes and toss them in on top the other vegetables. Let everything roast for a final 1/2 hour.
- When done, divide the roasted veg amongst 4 plates, divide and scatter the salad green over top of each, and drizzle each plate with the dressing. Serve hot or warm.
Instead of Rocket (Arugola), you can use Watercress, or omit the leafy green bit altogether.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!