Cooking at: 350 F / 180 C / Gas Mark 4
- 4 Eggplants medium
- 1 Onion medium
- 2 cups Tomatoes diced
- 1 cup Celery diced
- 1 can Mushrooms sliced (or pieces)
- 1 tablespoon Oregano dried
- 1 tablespoon Basil dried
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 8 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese low-fat, grated
- Cut the eggplants in half lengthwise. Scoop or cut out the flesh, leaving about 1 cm (1/2 inch) on the inside of the skin.
- Set in pressure cooker basket; it's okay to stack them. We cooked them in a Nutricook™ pressure cooker on veg setting for 5 minutes with 250 ml (1 cup) of water under the basket. Adapt for your cooker.
- Meanwhile, prep the rest of the veg: chop up the eggplant innards, and prep the onion and celery.
- When the eggplant shells are cooked, remove the basket with the shells from the pressure cooker and set aside. Leaving the water in, add all the remaining ingredients except the cheese; cook on veg setting for about 10 minutes.
- When the filling is cooked, divide it out amongst the 8 eggplant halves. Sprinkle each half with a tablespoon of parmesan, then divide the grated cheese amongst the 8 halves.
- Bake in 175 C (350 F) oven for about 25 minutes; serve piping hot.
3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus® per eggplant half. (There are 26 points in total in the recipe.)
We used a salt substitute.
We used a low-fat cheddar that was 1 point per 30 g / 1 oz.
* Weight Watchers Points™ calculated by CooksInfo.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the Points® registered trademarks.