What's happening when and where in the world of food.
Browse Food Calendar by month or search.
- Johnny Appleseed Day (Today)The 26th of September is Johnny Appleseed Day. Johnny Appleseed was a nursery grower who is credited with doing more than anyone else to spread apple trees throughout America.
- The 28th of September is Strawberry Cream Pie Day. There are many different types of Strawberry Cream Pie.Read more >>>
- On the night of the 29th of September, the Devil is said to spit on blackberries. Some versions of the tale say it's to curse them because when he was kicked out of heaven, he landed in a prickly patch of blackberries.Read more >>>
- The 29th of September is the feast of St Michael the archangel, who, among other things, is the patron saint of grocers. The feast day was known as Michaelmas.Read more >>>
- Pumpkin Day is the 29th of September. Perhaps Pumpkin Day is held in September for those for whom the Pumpkin Pie season would otherwise be too short, to allow them to get an early jump on the season.Read more >>>
- The 1st of October is World Vegetarian Day. Being a Vegetarian isn't anything new, as many people think it is.Read more >>>
- Rosh Hashana is the start of the New Year in the Jewish calendar, a period of holidays that ends 10 days later with Yom Kippur. The day is a festive holiday; a day of no work, except for cooking, carrying or making fire.Read more >>>
Please share this information with your friends. They may love it.