What's happening when and where in the world of food.
- 28 October -- Wild Foods DayThis is a day on which all kinds of clever people can make their "stalking the wild asparagus" jokes. Some wild life parks who observe Wild Foods Day will observe it sometime around 28th October, either a bit before or after depending on when they can hit a Saturday or Sunday so that people can participate -- they aim for the last Saturday in October.
- 31 October -- Hallowe'enThe 31st of October is the day when the veil between this world and other worlds is thought to be thin. Oblivious to this, children dress in costumes and go door to door for candy.
- 31 October -- SamhainSamhain celebrations start on the evening of the 31st of October. Samhain marks the end of the summer and is the last harvest celebration.
- 31 October -- St Thomas BellacciThomas Bellacci (1370 to 1447 AD) the patron saint of butchers, was a butcher's son. He was born in Florence, of parents who came from Castello di Linari in Val d'Elsa.
- 1 November -- All Saint's DayIn Corsica, on All Saints Day, people place milk and chestnuts (of the châtaigne type) on window sills for the visiting dead to eat.
- 1 November -- Día de los Muertos Day 1This is All Saints Day in Mexico, the first of two days to honour the dead. This first day focusses on dead children and babies.