What's happening when and where in the world of food.
Browse Food Calendar by month or search.
- Cakes and Ale Day is a yearly event held in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, in south-eastern England. A man named Jenkyn Smith (aka Jankeyns Smythe) died in 1481, leaving money to St Mary's Church, which was part of the Abbey of St Edmund.Read more >>>
- The 28th of June is Tapioca Day, even though a small dissident, break-away group says it is on the 15th of July. Some people will want to give this holiday a miss, no matter what day it's on, because they can't get past the taste or look of tapioca.Read more >>>
- Canada became a country on 1 July 1867. Today is a day for picnics, barbeques, fireworks, concerts and government-issued flags.Read more >>>
- Moving Day is a national tradition in Québec, where today is called the Jour du déménagement. By custom, leases throughout the nation go from 1 July to 30 June.Read more >>>
- American Independence Day is a major food day in America. Everywhere there will be hot dogs, picnics, salads, barbeques, brownies.Read more >>>
- You could use Chocolate Day as a day to indulge in your favourite brand. But we'd urge you instead to use it as a day to be adventurous, and try a type of chocolate you've never tried before.Read more >>>
Please share this information with your friends. They may love it.