What's happening when and where in the world of food.
Browse Food Calendar by month or search.
- St Bartholomew's Day (Today)Saint Bartholomew's Day is traditionally celebrated by eating watermelon. Saint Bartholomew is also the patron saint of Mead.
- Go on, treat yourself today, because the 25th August is Banana Split DAy. After all, how many times do you have a banana split? Even when they started out, at 10 cents each, they were still considered an expensive treat, and they still are now.Read more >>>
- Good heavens, is that that time of year again already? The 27th of August, National Pots de Crème Day, has crept up on us once more! If time has flown so fast that the day has caught you off guard again, you could perhaps at least give a nod to the day with a small individual serving cup of flavoured yoghurt grabbed on the run. Or, at least you can learn a bit more about Pots de Crème today.Read more >>>
- Only sour pusses would let this day go by without celebrating it. Lemon juice is the oddest juice.Read more >>>
- Toasted Marshmallow Day is the 30th August. Marshmallows are traditionally toasted around a campfire, but you don't have to go camping to celebrate today.Read more >>>
- The 31st of August is Trail Mix Day. Mix up your own Trail Mix, or buy it already mixed.Read more >>>
- Carnation Evaporated Milk first rolled off the production line in Kent, Washington State, USA on this day, 6th September, in 1899. You might be interested in brushing up on your terms and history today.Read more >>>
Please share this information with your friends. They may love it.