What's happening when and where in the world of food.
Browse Food Calendar by month or search.
- Blonde Brownie Day (Today)Blonde Brownie Day falls handily in the third week of January, just in case you didn't already have an excuse to fall off your New Year's Resolution diet. Besides, with the holidays just having ended, you might still be sick of chocolate, but when's the last time you had a blonde brownie? Think of those dense, chewy squares of cake...
- The 23rd of January is National Pie Day in America, sponsored by the American Pie Council, to encourage people to make and eat pies.Read more >>>
- On this day, the 24th of January, in 1922, Christian Kent Nelson of Onawa, Iowa, along with his business partner Russell C. Stover, obtained US patent number 1,404,539 for the "Eskimo Pie" ice cream bar.Read more >>>
- The 24th of January is Peanut Butter Day. It falls almost in the middle of National Peanut Month, which started as National Peanut Week in 1941, being expanded to a full month in 1974.Read more >>>
- This day celebrates the birthday of the man considered by many to be Scotland's national poet, their beloved Robert Burns. Burns was born 25 January 1759 in Alloway, Scotland, the eldest of 7 children.Read more >>>
- Australia Day is an official public holiday throughout Australia, promoted by the government with fireworks and performances. It occurs for Australians at the height of their summer, though sadly it also marks for Australian school children the end of their summer holidays.Read more >>>
- With the end of January fast approaching, you'd think it'd be National Use up the last of the Christmas Nuts Day so that we weren't staring at the bowl of them in the living room until Easter.Read more >>>
Please share this information with your friends. They may love it.