What's happening when and where in the world of food.
Browse Food Calendar by month or search.
- The 29th of July is the Feast Day of St Martha of Bethany, the Patron Saint of Cooks. Martha lived in the village of Bethany, 2 miles (3 km) from Jerusalem with her sister Mary and brother Lazarus.Read more >>>
- Lughnasadh marks the start of autumn, and the start of the harvest season for grain. The festival actually starts on the evening before.Read more >>>
- The Egton Bridge Gooseberry Show is held the first Tuesday of every August (between 1st and 7th August) at Egton Bridge, North Yorkshire, England. The show is both an exhibition and a contest.Read more >>>
- Lammas is an Irish holiday that follows the day after Lughnasadh. While Lughnasadh was merry-making, on Lammas thanks would be given for the coming grain harvest by prayers and offerings of bread.Read more >>>
- The 4tth of August is the day to celebrate all things chocolate chip. The classic item of course is chocolate chip cookies, followed closely by chocolate chip muffins.Read more >>>
- On this day in 1608, John Tradescant the younger was born in England. He's called the younger to distinguish him from his father, John Tradescant senior.Read more >>>
Please share this information with your friends. They may love it.