What's happening when and where in the world of food.
Browse Food Calendar by month or search.
- The 28th of May is Hamburger Day. White Castle hamburger chain in America hosts the Crave Time Cook Off each May.Read more >>>
- The Duck feast is held every year on the 1st of June at the Cat Inn, in the village of Charlton, Wiltshire. The pub was originally called the Red Lion, but the depiction of the lion on the sign was so poorly executed that locals call the pub the Cat instead.Read more >>>
- The Salvation Army says Doughnut Day is the first Friday in June (anywhere between June 1 and June 7.) The Krispy Kreme Doughnut chain agrees with them, and in fact hands out a free doughnut to each customer on this day to back up their words with actions (current as of 2006.) You get your choice of doughnut, and you can thank them a little bit for their kindness by buying a coffee or tea to go with it. Many people avoid doughnuts on a regular basis, because they're fattening.Read more >>>
- The challenge for today, National Egg Day is to make a meal around eggs. Breakfast if you want, but higher points are awarded to those who make eggs the main course for dinner! Winlock, in Washington State, holds its Egg Day festival on the third weekend in June.Read more >>>
- The 5th of June is Gingerbread Day. Gingerbread is more traditional at Christmas or during the winter, when the warming effects of the spicy ginger could be most appreciated.Read more >>>
- On this day, 8th June, in 1784, a boy named Marie-Antoine Carême was born. He would become the world's first celebrity chef, and codify French cooking in a way that still serves as a foundation today for European cooking.Read more >>>
Please share this information with your friends. They may love it.