What's happening when and where in the world of food.
- 21 April -- Easter MondayThe date for Easter Monday varies wildly every year. It is the Monday immediately after Easter Sunday.
- 21 April -- Hare Pie DayHare Pie Day takes place in Hallaton, Leicestershire on Easter Monday. It appears to have started in 1770.
- 22 April -- Easter TuesdayEaster Tuesday is the day after Easter Monday. In Kraków, Poland it is called Rekawka (meaning "Sleeve" in English), though no one has any idea why it's called that.
- 22 April -- Jelly Bean DayThe 22nd of April is Jelly Bean Day. The question in most people's minds is, though, is why on earth is it so close to Easter? Who needs any more sugar at this time of year? Maybe it's a reminder to include Jelly Beans in your Easter Candy -- but it's already the biggest selling time of the year for jelly beans as it is.
- 23 April -- Bavarian Beer Purity Law DayThe Bavarian Beer Purity Law is a law that governs what ingredients can be used for beer made in Germany. Many alcohol aficionados, particularly beer enthusiasts, will know about this already.
- 23 April -- Peppercorn CeremonyThe Peppercorn Ceremony is held in St George, Bermuda on the Wednesday nearest St George's Day, 23rd April. The ceremony, full of pomp and circumstance, is held in King's Square in front of the limestone-block State House, starting around 11 in the morning.