What's happening when and where in the world of food.
Browse Food Calendar by month or search.
- The Bavarian Beer Purity Law (Reinheitsgebot) is a law that governs what ingredients can be used for beer made in Germany. Many alcohol aficionados, particularly beer enthusiasts, will know about this already.Read more >>>
- William Shakespeare was born on this day, the 23rd April, in 1564 . On this same date in 1616, 52 years later, he would also die.Read more >>>
- St George is the Patron saint of England. His flag is a red cross on a white background.Read more >>>
- The 24th of April is a good day to challenge all your preconceptions about what Pigs-In-A-Blanket are. Brits won't have any, because they don't think they know what Pigs-in-a-Blanket are, making this a good day for Brits to find out.Read more >>>
- Anzac Day is a solemn holiday jointly shared by Australia and New Zealand. Anzac is short for Australian (and) New Zealand Army Corps.Read more >>>
- The Peppercorn Ceremony is held in St George, Bermuda on the Wednesday nearest St George's Day, which day usually falls on 23rd April. The ceremony, full of pomp and circumstance, is held in King's Square in front of the limestone-block State House, starting around 11 in the morning.Read more >>>
Please share this information with your friends. They may love it.