What's happening when and where in the world of food.
Browse Food Calendar by month or search.
- If you missed Soft Ice Cream Day two days ago, you have another excuse today to have ice cream. It's Spumoni Day, all day today! You have two choices: you can try the Italian dessert called Spumoni, which has some ice cream in it, or you can try the North American Ice Cream called Spumoni.Read more >>>
- Fannie Merritt Farmer (1857–1915) opened her famous Boston cooking school on this date, 23 August, in 1902. Fannie managed the Boston Cooking School from 1891 to 1902.Read more >>>
- What's a Sponge Cake? Is it the same as an Angel Food Cake, a Genoise or a Foam Cake? And what makes it spongey, anyway? You don't have to make one today, you can treat yourself to one from a bakery, whether a stand-alone bakery or an in-store bakery. And take a moment to learn the answers to the above questions, right here on CooksInfo.com.Read more >>>
- Saint Bartholomew's Day is traditionally celebrated by eating watermelon. Saint Bartholomew is also the patron saint of Mead.Read more >>>
- Go on, treat yourself today, because the 25th August is Banana Split DAy. After all, how many times do you have a banana split? Even when they started out, at 10 cents each, they were still considered an expensive treat, and they still are now.Read more >>>
- Good heavens, is that that time of year again already? The 27th of August, National Pots de Crème Day, has crept up on us once more! If time has flown so fast that the day has caught you off guard again, you could perhaps at least give a nod to the day with a small individual serving cup of flavoured yoghurt grabbed on the run. Or, at least you can learn a bit more about Pots de Crème today.Read more >>>
Please share this information with your friends. They may love it.