What's happening when and where in the world of food.
Browse Food Calendar by month or search.
- Some people say Chocolate Chip Day is 15th May. But the the National Confectioners Association of America says 4 August, and in 2005, the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Atlanta backed them up by celebrating it on this day.Read more >>>
- The Egton Bridge Gooseberry Show is held the first Tuesday of every August (between 1st and 7th August) at Egton Bridge, North Yorkshire, England. They hold a contest to determine who has produced the biggest gooseberry by weight.Read more >>>
- On this day in 1608, John Tradescant the younger was born in England. He's called the "younger" to distinguish him from his father (1570-1638), who shared both the same name and same profession, namely that of gardener.Read more >>>
- A Root Beer Float is a classic North American summer drink. It's a big, thick frosty mug of Root Beer with a big, creamy head of suds on it and ice cream in it.Read more >>>
- In this day and age, thanks to exports from Mexico, California and Israel, it's possible to get strawberries at any time of year. But presumably, there's a reason to try to find raspberries to pick this day in August.Read more >>>
- Most people have no idea how cheesecake originated -- whether it's a product of 1950's kitchen kitsch, perhaps, or whether it's older... much older.Read more >>>
Please share this information with your friends. They may love it.
You may also like:
"Cerevisiam bibat!" ("Let us drink beer!") -- Hildegard of Bingen (16 September 1098 – 17 September 1179).