What's happening when and where in the world of food.
- 24 September -- Cherries Jubilee DayWho really invented Cherries Jubilee, and when? Today you read all about it right here, and decide what you believe. .
- 24 September -- Rosh HashanaRosh Hashana is the start of the New Year in the Jewish calendar, a period of holidays that ends 10 days later with Yom Kippur. The day is a festive holiday; a day of no work, except for cooking, carrying or making fire.
- 26 September -- Johnny Appleseed DayJohnny Appleseed was a nursery grower who is credited with doing more than anyone else to spread apple trees throughout America. Myth has him walking barefoot and planting apple seeds -- but that wouldn't have done any good, as apple trees don't grow true to seed.
- 28 September -- Strawberry Cream Pie DayThere are many different types of Strawberry Cream Pie. Some types use custard, some cream cheese, some use a version of whipped cream as the filling.
- 29 September -- Devil Spits DayOn the night of the 29th of September, the Devil is said to spit on Blackberries. Some versions of the tale say it's because when he was kicked out of heaven, he landed in a prickly patch of blackberries.
- 29 September -- Michaelmas DayThe 29th of September is the feast of St Michael the archangel, who, among other things, is the patron saint of grocers. It is also called the Feast of St.