What's happening when and where in the world of food.
Browse Food Calendar by month or search.
- In Sweden, today is called Luciadagen. It marks the start of Christmas celebrations in Sweden, and the start of a festival of lights.Read more >>>
- Saturnalia in Rome was a week-long winter celebration, during which the Winter Solstice occurred. It was celebrated for over 500 years.Read more >>>
- For once, a special food day that actually ties in with something you might be doing anyway! Bake Cookies Day is a good time to get the last of your Christmas baking done, if you're so inclined. For many people, though, with the rush of everything else to do leading up to Christmas, it will be Buy Cookies Day.Read more >>>
- Forefather's Day is celebrated in the New England area of America to commemorate when the pilgrims landed on 21 December 1620. A meal served includes a version of succotash that has large pieces of meat in it, meant to be sliced at the table. It's particularly marked in Plymouth, Massachusetts, with ceremonies jointly led by the Old Colony Club and the Mayflower Society.Read more >>>
- Tom Bawcock's Eve is celebrated in the village of Mousehole (pronounced Mowzel) in Cornwall, near Penzance, England. A fishing village of winding, narrow streets, Mousehole is the place most closely associated with Stargazey Pie on account of the Mousehole Cat story.Read more >>>
- Nobody really needs a reminder to have Egg Nog at this time of year, but perhaps it's a reminder to Egg Nog lovers to get their fill for the year while you still can procure it easily -- premade at stores. For those who hate Egg Nog and try to avoid it at Christmas, this is probably a nightmare, realizing that someone has even proclaimed this Egg Nog Day.Read more >>>
Please share this information with your friends. They may love it.