What's happening when and where in the world of food.
Browse Food Calendar by month or search.
- Vanilla Pudding Day (Today)Celebrate Vanilla Pudding Day by whipping one up from scratch or from a powdered mix, or by just whipping open a pudding pak on the run. Vanilla pudding is not really known in England, the closest thing is custard, but never mind: they have crème caramel, double cream and blanc mange.
- Victoria Day (Today)Victoria Day celebrates the birth of Queen Victoria on Monday, 24 May 1819. It is celebrated in both Scotland and in Canada.
- Taffy Day is officially recognized in America by the National Confectioner's Association of America. This differs from National English Toffee Day, which they say is 8th January.Read more >>>
- Escargot had their heyday in the 1970s, when everyone ate them with garlic butter and bought the Escargot dishes for home use (but couldn't actually bring themselves to go the next step and buy the slimy little critters for use in their own kitchen.) You may wish to finally try cooking up Escargot in garlic sauce at home. Mind you, you could simmer golf balls in that sauce and they would taste good.Read more >>>
- The 28th of May is Hamburger Day. White Castle hamburger chain in America hosts the Crave Time Cook Off each May.Read more >>>
- The Duck feast is held every year on the 1st of June at the Cat Inn, in the village of Charlton, Wiltshire. The pub was originally called the Red Lion, but the depiction of the lion on the sign was so poorly executed that locals call the pub the Cat instead.Read more >>>
- The Salvation Army says Doughnut Day is the first Friday in June (anywhere between June 1 and June 7.) The Krispy Kreme Doughnut chain agrees with them, and in fact hands out a free doughnut to each customer on this day to back up their words with actions (current as of 2006.) You get your choice of doughnut, and you can thank them a little bit for their kindness by buying a coffee or tea to go with it. Many people avoid doughnuts on a regular basis, because they're fattening.Read more >>>
- The challenge for today, National Egg Day is to make a meal around eggs. Breakfast if you want, but higher points are awarded to those who make eggs the main course for dinner! Winlock, in Washington State, holds its Egg Day festival on the third weekend in June.Read more >>>
Please share this information with your friends. They may love it.